About the Post

Author Information

I am a Denver-based writer, travel lover, and author of The Drive North: A Swing Down Memory Lane. I have several other pieces, including fiction, in the works.

New Zealand’s Milford Sound

New Zealand’s Milford Sound in Fiordland National Park.

About these ads

Tags: ,

7 Comments on “New Zealand’s Milford Sound”

1. Claire 'Word by Word' May 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Gorgeous, my very good friend Julie is a guide on the Milford Track, I have never visited it, but I receive letters from there regularly and know it intimately through her words.

Thank you for the nostalgia trip Jason.

2. Heather - the kiwi travel writer May 16, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

great photo … did you take it?

• Jason's Travels May 16, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

Yep! I took the photo when I spent the night on the Sound a few years ago. It is definitely one of the most beautiful spots on the globe.

• Heather - the kiwi travel writer May 16, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

great shot .. I spent a week in Milford Sound as a dept of conservation volunteer .. posted your pic on Pinterst :)

3. Kaylee July 11, 2013 at 6:07 pm #

I was wondering if you would give me permssion to use your photo? It’s really beautiful :)

• Jason's Travels July 11, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

Please email me, Kaylee, through the “About” page with some details on how you wish to use it. Thanks.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Fiordland National Park’s Giant Sea Cliffs | Jason's Travels - April 26, 2013

[...] A tiny cruise ship next to Milford Sound’s massive cliffs in New Zealand’s Fiordland National Park. [...]